Mr. Paine – Room 6 – Grade 7 Math & Math 1
What is this class like for my child?
- Group based learning
- Students work together, develop mathematical discourse, reason, analyze, and demonstrate understanding
- Small groups make it safe to make mistakes!
- Just in time teaching model to promote problem solving and exploration
- 360 Degrees of Math whiteboard model
- Textbook and materials
- College Preparatory Mathematics (CPM) and Big Ideas Mathematics
- Mix of supplemental materials to support diverse learning
- Concept Mastery Assessment
- Weekly concept quizzes – 6 opportunities to demonstrate mastery of each concept
- Check their Concept Check list!
How to support your child?
- Homework is for students (not parents)
- They are actively engaged with the content – when parents are frustrated, students become frustrated.
- Encourage students to write down what they know, find resources, try!
- Student Portal and Parent Portal
- Encourage good study habits
- Do you check their planners? Do they have an organized binder? Is their math book at home (and covered)?
- Support SRMS
- Review rules in planners (Dress Code!!!).
- Work together to support positive behavior and habits that will lead to success.