Grade 7 Math
- Students must treat each other and their teachers with mutual respect – including taking turns when speaking and listening when others are talking.
- Hazing, teasing, name-calling, sexism, or racism is not allowed.
- Vandalism, profanity, and violence is not tolerated.
- Gum is not allowed.
- Learning cannot take place without daily participation.
- With the class structured around collaboration and group work, communication and participation are key to success.
- Students will develop and use high level communication to discuss and learn mathematics.
- Students will fully embrace the new Common Core Standards and new ways of teaching – Engage with their learning, rather than traditional direct instruction.
Students will work with their peers in class as they explore new concepts and develop new skills. They will rely on their peers just as their peers will rely on them, so not participating hurts everyone.
A math binder and a pencil will be REQUIRED every day.
The majority of the content for this class, including lessons, outline, course calendar, and additional resources are available online for both students and parents. If a student will be absent, it is their responsibility to complete the lesson assigned to that day (students will be familiarized with website during class).
A 90% Mastery of content. Proficient to advanced level on most standards.
B 80% Proficient level understanding of most standards.
C 68% Basic level understanding of standards. Approaching proficiency.
D 51% Below Basic level understanding of standards but moving toward Basic.
F / Incomplete. Less than half of work completed and/or failure to show understanding.
(Including Exit tickets, and informal assessments)
Participation and Citizenship 10%